1. Tell us a few things that most people don't know about you.
I'm a tea person. I am at my most active after sunset and late into the night. I *need* to put a smiley face at the end of my name always. I write the alphabet 'o' in a clockwise motion. I have the secret desire to play the character of Viola in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night someday.
2. Why do you sell your art in two separate shops?
I started out selling all my creations at the Art by Susmitha store but then I felt my little monsters and animals warranted their own unique brand and so Veganosaurus was born. It was my clever husband who came up with the name. :)
3. Do you find it difficult to promote both your shops?
Not at all. Even though I have separate facebook pages and twitter profiles for them, most of the time I end up promoting both the brands together. I have a common newsletter and a common art blog. And I have the etsy minis to both the stores on my personal blog. And everything is consolidated onto my website. So most people who know Art by Susmitha, associate Veganosaurus with it and vice versa. And that's the trick, as long as the stores are constantly associated, promoting one is as good as promoting the other.
4. I see that you belong to a few street teams. What has been your overall experience as a member of those?
I try to be active in some little way in each team I belong to but I do tend to be more active in some more so than the others. The teams closest to my heart are Vegan Etsy, Cruelty Free Etsy, Etsy For Animals and Pagan of Etsy. There are many advantages to being a member of a street team but the best part is to be able to meet like minded people and work towards a common goal. It builds a good support system and it's a lot of fun too.
5. What is the best part about your work and what you do?
I am my own boss and my work time is essentially my play time. :) I create *only* when I'm feeling a burst of creative energy and never because I *have* to. So my work constantly brings me joy and that energy is reflected in my creations.
Susmitha is giving away a $20 gift certificate to spend in your choice of one of her shops.
Ways to enter:
1. Sign up for her mailing list by entering your email below. You must be a mailing list subscriber to qualify for entries #2 and 3.
Subscribe to Veganosaurus
2. become a fan of http://www.facebook.com/artbysusmitha
3. you can visit either artbysusmitha or veganosarus and comment on your favorite item in a comment below this post.
This giveaway is open to everyone. Giveaway ends Oct 18th 11:59 PST.